Lawyer or Senior Associate, Corporate/M&A
|Lawyer Senior Associate
|Corporate & Commercial Mergers & Acquisitions
We represent one of Australia’s leading commercial law firms operating nationally and throughout Asia. As one of the top law firms in the region, they offer access to a large number of the major and ground breaking deals on offer, in a forward thinking and flexible working environment.
Given a substantial pipeline of corporate transactions, the Melbourne office is in need of multiple lawyers at the intermediate to senior level.
- 2 to 7 years’ PAE
- Band 1 corporate practice
- Multiple opportunities
The Corporate practice at this leading law firm is widely regarded as being one of the strongest practices in the country.
Within the group, they have market leading practitioners providing blue-chip clients with services covering mergers and acquisitions (private and public), takeovers, equity capital markets, private equity, securities, restructuring and corporate governance.
This tier 1 corporate practice is looking for talented corporate lawyers who have gained exposure to corporate transactions — M&A, private equity and/or ECM.
You will report into and be supervised by some of Australia’s leading corporate practitioners.
On offer is the opportunity to work on:
- corporate mergers, acquisitions and disposals, and related due diligence;
- IPOs, placements and rights issues for companies and managed funds;
- complex private equity structuring and consequent investment and exit transactions, including management and leveraged buy-outs;
- capital management strategies, including buy-backs and capital reductions; and
- capital markets activities, including the structuring of complex capital instruments such as debenture and hybrid offerings and warrants.
This is a great opportunity to join a leading corporate practice, consistently ranked within the top 5 of M&A teams in the country, where you will gain exposure to major corporate transactions.
You will have between 2 to 7 years’ experience in corporate law from a notable practice in Australia or another English speaking jurisdiction.
In addition, you will have:
An ability to adapt to the working styles of different partners;
A developing commercial awareness.