Sunshine Coast Commercial Lawyer
|Corporate & Commercial
With offices located in Townsville and Maroochydore, we are committed to the people and communities of regional Queensland and provide experienced and specialised advice in a wide range of legal matters.
We seek an experienced Commercial Lawyer (2+ PAE) to work in our established Property and Commercial Department. This position is for our Maroochydore office.
Our commercial property workgroup advises clients upon commercial transactions of all sizes and complexities. Our aim is to anticipate problems and potential issues before they arise and address them to protect our clients’ interests. Drafting transaction documents, including special conditions, which advance our clients’ interests so as to realise their commercial endeavours is a hallmark of our work. Our clients include institutional, governmental, large corporate and small/medium enterprise businesses.
The successful applicant will work under the direct supervision of our Commercial Partner in the areas of:
- Sale and purchase of commercial, industrial, rural and residential property
- Leasing – commercial, industrial and retail shop lease matters
- Sale and purchase of businesses
- Asset protection and restructuring
- Hotels / Motels (Liquor / Gaming Requirements)
- Mortgages and Security Documents – commercial, industrial and residential properties
- Personal Property Securities Act (“PPSA”) Documents
- Corporate / Trust Structuring advice and restructuring (including Shareholder Agreements / Unitholder Agreements and the like)
- Buy/Sell Agreements
Why Choose Us?
We value our team members and provide support to your pursuits, both in and out of the office. Our goal is to help you carve out your own career path, which is complemented by our comprehensive induction program, on the job training & participation in professional development opportunities.
Diversity, fairness and inclusion are important values to us, and are factors taken into consideration in our decision-making processes. We also value and support community endeavours where we can make a positive difference in the community through regular charity and industry events.
We can offer you:
- Fantastic work culture & social atmosphere
- Various client social events & networking opportunities
- Opportunity to give back to the community through pro-bono & charity work
- Emphasis on work-life balance and flexible working arrangements
- Modern IT facilities and paperless practice
- Real-life training and skills development
- Ongoing technical, personal and professional development opportunities
- Mentoring and support
- Supportive, innovative and collaborative team environment
- Great opportunities for career growth
- Free lunches for work-related meetings
- Discounted health care benefits
We are looking for:
- 2 + years PAE
- Excellent communication, analytical & problem-solving skills
- Ability to foster and develop effective inter-office and networking relationships
- Confident, determined & proactive personality
- Self-driven, career focused and a critical thinker
- Someone who can drive their own career path, with guidance & mentoring
- Someone who enjoys working hard for the good of both clients and your fellow team members
- Eligible to work in Australia (citizen / permanent resident)
Applications for this position, by persons holding the prerequisite Bachelor of Laws degree, close 5pm Friday 29 October 2021.
Please forward your letter of application, together with accompanying Curriculum Vitae and a copy of your official academic record.
Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Your application will include the following questions:
- Do you hold a current legal practicing certificate in Queensland?
- How many years’ experience do you have as a lawyer?
- How many years’ experience do you have as a commercial lawyer?
- How many years’ experience do you have in property law?