Workplace Relations – Employment & Safety
Based in our Brisbane office we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Lawyer (2-5 PQE) to join our Workplace Relations, Employment and Safety team on a full time basis to assist with increased levels of activity and growth. The Brisbane WRES team successfully represents a strong client base, acting in high profile and high quality matters across the public and private sectors.
Our Brisbane team advises on all aspects of workplace relations including industrial relations, employment, occupational health and safety, anti-discrimination and diversity. The matters you will be working on are varied and interesting from compliance and regulatory matters, strategic and industrial advice to litigation across most Courts and Tribunals.
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Proven experience working on industrial relations, employment and/or workplace health and safety matters
- A minimum of 2 years PQE
- Demonstrated a capability to work autonomously as well as a team member to manage a robust and diverse workload
- A high degree of initiative, dedication and organisational ability with a strong client and commercial focus
- Strong communication skills and practical problem solving skills
- A proactive attitude towards personal development to expand your skills and knowledge to meet client needs
- Public sector client experience desirable
With some of Australia’s leading workplace lawyers and are the go-to team for large organisations with challenging workplace needs.We work with our clients across the full spectrum of the employment relationship; from recruitment through to management, and termination. Our work spans all facets of employment law, industrial relations, discrimination, work health and safety, executive remuneration and diversity.
We are dedicated to playing our part in reducing the spread of COVID-19 and providing a safe work environment. With this in mind, we have adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy which currently applies to ACT, NSW, and Victoria. This policy may be extended to the firm’s other offices in the future. This policy requires any partner, employee, client, contractor or visitor who attends the office to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of their vaccination status, or an approved medical exemption, prior to attending to our premises, to engage in business travel or to attend a firm event.